Interested in submitting an article to CEKU? We welcome article submissions from students and non-students alike wherever you are. If you want to submit poems, pictures or videos, we’d be happy to publish them too!
General Guidelines for Article Submission
We reserve the right to decide upon the eligibility of a work to be published.
- Content: There is no restriction on this. You can write about any topic ranging from politics to arts and we encourage writers to be as analytical, creative, critical and constructive as possible. However, please be aware that there are certain issues that cannot be discussed due to restrictions set by relevant laws such as questioning the Bumiputera or Malay privileges and rights under Article 153 of the Federal Constitution.
- Biodata: Please include a short bio about yourself at the end of the article in italics. This should take no more than 3 sentences.
- Language: There is no restriction on this but preferably in either English or Bahasa Malaysia.
- Format: In normal essay form but you can also submit a poem, a short story or other literary productions.
- Word count: Preferably between 800 to 1,200 words.
- Editing: All submitted articles are subject to editing but where possible, please try to ensure that your article flows well and is reader-friendly. Please do proof read and check your article for grammar first before submitting your article.
- Submission: Please write your article in a Microsoft Word document and attach it in the email to email@example.com, citing ‘CEKU article submission – [insert title here]’ as the subject title. Please also include your full name (or state if you want to be anonymous or use a pseudonym) in the email.
- Featured image: If you would like to include a featured image with your article, please attach one in your submission stating clearly the source of the image. CEKU will only use images that we are permitted to share and will not be helping you look for one.
Please email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries or guidance on article submission.