As part of UKEC’s vision of student empowerment and self development, we would kindly ask you to check with your nearest Malaysian Embassy or High Commission on your voting status or alternatively by following this link http://daftarj.spr.gov.my/
POSTAL VOTING (Absent Voter)
- Registered voter
- Full time student
- Spouse of a full time student
1. If you have REGISTERED to vote in Malaysia, you will still NOT be allowed to vote in the next general election from your overseas location. To be eligible to vote from overseas, you must go AGAIN to the embassy to register as an ABSENT voter. Please bring your PASSPORT (preferably with IC) & proof of being a full time student (any document showing institution, course & duration of study).
2. If you have NOT REGISTERED to vote in Malaysia, please access your nearest embassy or high commission. All you need is your PASSPORT (preferably with IC) & proof of being a full time student (any document showing institution, course & duration of study) to register to vote.
3. You can now register without having to travel to the embassy or high commission. Just download the Borang A & Maklumat Tambahan form online from SPR’s website or alternatively, here: Borang A, Maklumat Tambahan. Together with the completed forms, please attach a copy of the front and back of your PASSPORT, visa, the front and back of IC (if you have it) & proof of being a full time student (any document showing institution, course & duration of study) and post it to your nearest embassy/high commission. Do include your overseas telephone number on the Maklumat Tambahan form. How to fill up Borang A? Click here.
4. The EC will confirm the postal voting procedure soon, so do register first. It is never too late to register. As elections could be called anytime, we would suggest you contact your nearest consulate and make neccessary arrangements to register to vote. If in any circumstances you are not allowed to register despite having the neccessary documentation, please write formally an email of complaint to your nearest head of consulate and cc Ms. Yusniati binti Ishak (Setiausaha Bahagian Pendaftaran Pemilih) at ‘email@example.com’, together with Mr. Dzulkefli Abdullah (Principal Assistant Secretary II of Consular Division) at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
5. The registration office opens from 9am to 12pm, weekdays (Malaysian High Commission, London).
Should you have any further enquiries, please reach us via the following;
- twitter (@ukec)
- email (email@example.com)